- February 3, 2015
In December, we released a preview of several API changes related to managing OAuth application authorizations. As part of those changes we introduced several new response attributes (
fingerprint) to the Authorizations API. We have decided to modify
hashed_token to return the SHA-256 hex digest of the associated token instead of Base64. Given that Base64 has several common variants (original, URL safe, etc) we decided that returning the value as hex is less ambiguous and will be more useful for developers.
Because of the change to
hashed_token, we are extending the preview period by two weeks. If no additional changes are made during this extended preview period we will announce the end of the preview and beginning of the eight week migration period on February 17. The migration period will allow applications to opt in to these changes before they become an official part of the GitHub API v3.
If you have any questions or feedback, please drop us a line!
- New endpoints to find app installations
June 15, 2018
- Global node IDs become an official part of REST API v3
May 30, 2018
- User Migration API public beta
May 24, 2018
- Request further actions from a check run
May 23, 2018
- Marketplace API Out of Preview
May 22, 2018
- Additional endpoints available for GitHub Apps
May 21, 2018
- New Checks API public beta
May 7, 2018
- Staying on Top of Changes in GraphQL
May 3, 2018