- February 3, 2015
In December, we released a preview of several API changes related to managing OAuth application authorizations. As part of those changes we introduced several new response attributes (
fingerprint) to the Authorizations API. We have decided to modify
hashed_token to return the SHA-256 hex digest of the associated token instead of Base64. Given that Base64 has several common variants (original, URL safe, etc) we decided that returning the value as hex is less ambiguous and will be more useful for developers.
Because of the change to
hashed_token, we are extending the preview period by two weeks. If no additional changes are made during this extended preview period we will announce the end of the preview and beginning of the eight week migration period on February 17. The migration period will allow applications to opt in to these changes before they become an official part of the GitHub API v3.
If you have any questions or feedback, please drop us a line!
- Preview the new Repository Transfer API
November 9, 2017
- Archiving repositories
November 8, 2017
- Deprecation reminder for certain GitHub Apps events, keys, and routing
October 26, 2017
- Additional endpoints available for GitHub Apps
October 20, 2017
- Nested Teams API Preview has new privacy defaults
October 13, 2017
- Git Signing APIs are now official
October 12, 2017
- Introducing the GraphQL Changelog
October 5, 2017
- Breaking changes to projects API preview and webhook date format
October 2, 2017