Viewing performance metrics for a GitHub Marketplace listing
The GitHub Marketplace Insights page displays metrics for your GitHub App. You can use the metrics to track your GitHub App's performance and make more informed decisions about pricing, plans, free trials, and how to visualize the effects of marketing campaigns.
You can view metrics for the past day (24 hours), week, month, or for the entire duration of time that your GitHub App has been listed.
Note: Because it takes time to aggregate data, you'll notice a slight delay in the dates shown. When you select a time period, you can see exact dates for the metrics at the top of the page.
The Insights page displays these performance metrics, for the selected time period:
- Subscription value: Total revenue (in US dollars) for subscriptions. This includes the value of free trials which started during the selected time period.
- Visitors: Number of people that have viewed a page in your GitHub Apps listing. This number includes both logged in and logged out visitors.
- Pageviews: Number of views the pages in your GitHub App's listing received. A single visitor can generate more than one pageview.
- Unique visitors to landing page: Number of people who viewed your GitHub App's landing page.
- Unique visitors to checkout pages: Number of people who viewed one of your GitHub App's checkout pages.
- New purchases: Total number of newly completed transactions that include payment (including free trials).
To access GitHub Marketplace Insights:
In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
In the left sidebar, click Developer settings.
In the left sidebar, click either OAuth Apps or GitHub Apps depending on the GitHub Marketplace listing you'd like to manage. Note: You can also manage your listing by navigating to https://github.com/marketplace/manage.
Select the GitHub App that you'd like to view Insights for.
- Click Edit Marketplace listing.
- Click the Insights tab.
- Optionally, select a different time period by clicking the Period dropdown in the upper-right corner of the Insights page.