Listing an app on GitHub Marketplace
After you've set up and registered your app, and completed the requirements for listing your app, you can list your app on GitHub Marketplace.
Note: After creating a GitHub Marketplace listing, your listing will go through a review process with GitHub before it's added to GitHub Marketplace.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
Depending on the app you're adding to GitHub Marketplace, click either OAuth Apps or GitHub Apps.
Tip: You can also add a listing by navigating to https://github.com/marketplace/new, viewing your available apps, and clicking Create draft listing.
Select the app you'd like to add to GitHub Marketplace.
- Click List this application in the Marketplace.
- In "Listing name", type the name of your app.
- In the "Primary category" dropdown, select the category that best describes the main functionality of your app.
- In "Very short description", type a description of your app that will be shown underneath your app name in GitHub Marketplace.
- In "Supported languages", if your app only works with specific languages, click and using the filter, type the languages your app works with.
In "Introductory description", type a description of your app.
Tip: Markdown formatting is supported. For more information on Markdown, see "About writing and formatting on GitHub."
In "Support URL or email", type the URL or email address users of your app will use in case of support inquiries.
- For OAuth Apps, in "Installation URL", type the installation URL for your OAuth App.
- Click Save draft and add more details.
- Read the terms of the Marketplace Developer Agreement and click Accept terms.
- If necessary, change any of the information in the "Basic information" section and click Save basic information.
- Upload a listing icon and change the background color. For more information on icons and badges, see "Guidelines for creating a GitHub Marketplace listing."
If necessary, change any of the information in the "Listing details" section and click Save listing details.
Note: You can add another category for your app in the "Secondary category" dropdown.
In "Listing screenshots", click Upload a listing screenshot to add up to five screenshots. You can drag and drop the screenshots to reorder them for your listing. For more information on screenshots, see "Guidelines for creating a GitHub Marketplace listing."
- If necessary, change any of the information in "Developer links" and add additional information and click Save developer links.
- In the Plans & Pricing tab, set your pricing plan. For more information on setting your pricing plan, see "Setting a GitHub Marketplace listing's pricing plan."
- In the Webhooks tab, add the webhooks for your app. For more information on adding webhooks, see "Adding webhooks for a GitHub Marketplace listing."